Total, Final Polls
About this Data
While compiling this data from the National Fastpitch Coaches Association (NFCA), several issues were found, but I haven't found another good source to validate against. If you can help or find another problem, please contact me.
- Teams ranked #26 assumed to be tied for #25.
- No preseason polls for 1995 or 1996. This is based on the first poll from 1996 having win-loss records (not from previous season) for the teams.
- Added 1995 poll dates based on those available.
- Added 2003 poll dates based on those available.
- Found a couple of instances where the win-loss records (usually in the final poll) didn't match the team's website, but I did not research them any further.
Corrections and Other Updates
- School names updated. For example, Louisiana-Lafayette is now Louisiana for all polls.
- Previous rankings added to preseason polls.
- Previous win-loss record removed from preseason polls.
- Added points for the #1 team where there were no other teams with first-place votes.
- Added teams that dropped out of each poll (not available in all source polls).
- Two Florida States on the 2/28/2001 poll, but I could not reconcile which team was unranked with 31 points, so it was removed.
- Added/updated 2004 poll dates to match Wednesday release dates from 2003 and 2007.
- Instances of duplicate teams on the same poll.