2009 Final AP Men's Basketball Poll
OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES
West Virginia 89, USC 64, Illinois 63, Ohio State 53, Brigham Young 32, Mississippi State 31, Utah State 28, Saint Mary's 11, Oklahoma State 9, Northern Iowa 7, Temple 7, Siena 5, Texas A&M 4, Virginia Commonwealth 3, Auburn 2, American University 1
- First-place votes, W-L records, and total points are not available prior to 2001-02. If you have some of this data from a verifiable source, please contact me.
- Regular-season polls from 1949-60 had 20 teams, from 1961-68 had 10 teams (except in December 1960 and the 1964-65 preseason polls), and 1990-present had 25 teams.
- Preseason polls started in the 1961-62 season, and there were post-tournament polls in 1953, 1954, 1974, and 1975.
- Poll dates from 1948-49 to 2006-07 fall on Tuesdays with a few exceptions. Dates from 2007-08 to present fall on Mondays.
- Some of this weekly poll data was contributed to the ESPN College Basketball Encyclopedia: The Complete History of the Game