2017 Preseason AP Football Poll
AP Top 25 Preseason Poll Notes
- Florida State makes first appearance in the Top 5 since the 9/11/2016 poll (13 polls)
- Georgia makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the 9/25/2016 poll (11 polls)
- Kansas State makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the final 2014 poll (32 polls)
- Texas makes first appearance in the Top 25 since the 9/25/2016 poll (11 polls)
- LSU's Top 25 streak reaches 10
- Michigan's Top 10 streak ends at 16
- Western Michigan's Top 25 streak ends at 10
- Alabama's #1 streak reaches 10
- Alabama's preseason streak reaches 10
- Oregon's preseason poll streak ends at 9
- Alabama reaches 760 appearances
- Louisville ties Boise State for #59
- Oklahoma reaches 799 appearances
- Penn State reaches 600 appearances
- South Florida reaches 30 appearances and ties Yale for #90
- Tennessee reaches 580 appearances
- Washington ties Arkansas for #19
- The state of Florida has four teams ranked in the Top 25 for the second time (final 2016 poll is the other). This is only the third time that a state has had four teams ranked in the preseason poll. The others were 1958 (Texas) and 1952 (California).
- According to my records, #3 Florida State will be just the fourth Top 5 team in a season opener for the #1 team, and the highest ranked.
- * = Received first place votes (non-AP rankings); Hold the mouse cursor over these rankings to see the first place votes (where available) in a tooltip (for browsers that support tooltips)
- Clicking on the team name will display the week-by-week ranking for that team.
- Polls from 1936-60 had 20 teams, 1961-67 had 10 teams, 1968-88 had 20 teams, and 1989-present had 25 teams.
Men's BB |
Women's BB |
Copyright © 2022 College Poll Archive. All rights reserved.
College Poll Archive is not affiliated with the companies, administrators, or members of
the football or basketball AP Top 25 Polls, Amway Coaches Polls, or selection committees
Formerly known as AP Poll Archive (2007-2010)